The Global Customer Acquisition function in Just Answer (JA) is a passionate group of analytical, data-driven and creative individuals that manage one of the largest online advertising operations in the world.
This role of SEO Manager will be leading SEO initiatives across the company. We are tackling SEO at scale - 20M+ website pages with user generated and custom content, 300M+ page views/year, 130M+ users/year, Alexa top ~1,200 US site.
- Define and execute on SEO strategy and roadmap, including leveraging internal and external resources, managing dependencies and deadlines
- Increase traffic to our owned sites and improve conversion rates working with engineering teams
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization
- Test and optimize meta descriptions, page titles, internal links, structured data markup and more
- Manage and monitor impact of changes to search engine algorithms
- Monitor key SEO KPIs, measure against your goals, and present data on successes, shortcomings, and ways forward to senior leadership
- Keep up to date on new and trending SEO methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of SEO experience
- Proven ability to drive business impact from UGC
- 7+ years of experience with SEO as primary function or 10+ years in a digital marketing role inclusive of SEO
- 2+ years of management and employee development experience
- Experience with large websites (Question/Answer sites, Directories, Marketplaces, eCommerce etc.) with 10M+ pages, ideally with lot of UGC content.
- Complete understanding of SEO strategies, search term research, site audit, link building, keyword targeting, and technical obstacles that would hinder search engine bot crawling and indexing
- Adept at researching, designing, and analysing results of SEO A/B tests
- Expert in Keyword research tool like Ahrefs/Moz, Crawling/auditing tool like Screaming Frog and search engine webmaster tools including Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, SQL, BigQuery
- Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with cross-functional and leadership teams
JustAnswer is the best way to talk to doctors, lawyers, vets, mechanics and more in minutes—24/7. We connect customers with verified and vetted Experts to provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget, democratizing professional services. Our mission is simple: we help people.
Since 2003, JustAnswer has helped 10 million customers across 196 countries. JustAnswer is based in the Presidio and backed by Charles Schwab, Crosslink Capital and Glynn Capital Management.
Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together with regular happy hours, team offsites and amazing holiday parties (think renting out an island, taking over an arcade and cruising around the Bay on a chartered yacht). Perks include catered lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays, medical/dental/vision, 401K with matching and more. Best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!