Before you apply, ask yourself…
Do you have extensive messaging and content development experience?
Do you “live and breathe” product marketing for technical products or consulting services?
Do you have a solid portfolio of product marketing materials you've created from scratch?
Do you have experience in marketing technology CONSULTING SERVICES (cloud, networking, transformation, etc.)?
Can you translate complex technical topics into customer outcomes and benefits?
VMware’s Customer Experience and Success (CXS) team is obsessed with helping organizations achieve their goals with the power of VMware technology. We work with customers to build the IT capabilities, competencies, and culture they need to improve employee and customer experiences, accelerate innovation, and confidently move into the future.
Join our team, and you’ll work alongside a diverse group of people who are passionate about sharing their broad expertise and empowering you to do your best work. Our technology is changing the way the world’s biggest brands do business. Where will your impact be made?
Role & Responsibility
We are searching for a talented product marketing professional with experience in marketing CONSULTING SERVICES and who has proven experience creating compelling messaging, content, and collateral to join our CXS Marketing team. You will be the marketing owner for a consulting services line of business within the consulting portfolio. The portfolio includes transformation services, multi-cloud, application modernization, virtual networks, security, and digital workplace.
As the marketing lead, you will collaborate with product management and service delivery experts to develop sales tools including sales presentations, datasheets, case studies, and sales training materials. You will identify needs and develop thought leadership materials that may include white papers, videos, blogs, infographics, e-books, social media, etc. to support your portfolio. You will work with cross-functional teams to incorporate CXS messaging into business unit and product messaging, corporate events and solution messaging, and marketing campaigns. You will keep abreast of industry and analyst research.
This position requires the ability to interface with all levels of the organization including peers on your team, the marketing management team, the delivery team, marketing communications, campaign teams, and sales organizations.
Required Experience & Skills
- 5+ years in PRODUCT MARKETING of technology consulting services products required to be considered (e.g. technical professional services and selling solutions/outcomes)
- Must have experience with creating messaging/content from scratch
- Must have a portfolio of relevant marketing materials samples to share
- Must have experience with professional/consulting services in one or more of cloud, virtual networks, security, applications, or end user computing
- Must have proven success with service product marketing messaging
- Must have experience developing sales and marketing collateral for a technology or consulting company
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical topics into customer outcomes and benefits
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of VMware products HIGHLY desirable but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or a technical discipline such as computer science or engineering
- Solid skills and experience using PowerPoint
- Demonstrated examples of unique and creative ways of messaging complex consulting services
At VMware we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html. We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers /people-at-vmware.html
VMware is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.